For an answer to your question we'd like to refer you to our warranty conditions. Check here to make sure your request complies with all warranty conditions.
According to the F-gas regulation, only F-gas certified mechanics is allowed to install the installation. You can contact CHIGO air conditioning for a mechanic: +31 50 5020043
There is a big legal difference between the installation (put into use of a system) and the mounting of a system. According to the F-gas regulation installations can only be conducted by a F-gas certified mechanic under responsibility of a F-gas certified company.
Yes, without a problem. We recommend to use a protective cover to prolong the life of the appliance.
Yes, this doesn't have any influence on the system. Make sure tough that the condensate drain descends. If the condensate drain has to go up, you can mount a condensate drain pump in between.
Tristar air conditioners are one of the most quite air conditioners available. Depending the required cooling capacity, the sound level is between 29dB(A) and 39dB(A). The sound level of the outside-unit is maximum 49dB(A). To compare: rustling leaves produce 20 dB(A) and a conversation produces 60dB(A).
you should insulate and tape the connections behind the indoor-unit otherwise there will be condense behind the indoor-unit. The couplings of the outside-unit will condensate, which is normal.
Yes, this is a legal obligation since the outside-unit is placed outside. Besides, without a grounded socket, leak current can exist on the outside-unit which can lead to dangerous situations.
The energy use on a annual basis is surprisingly low. The costs of use of an air-conditioning are heavily dependent of the way of using the system. A large part of the costs can be reduced by keeping doors and windows closed, closing the sunscreen and setting the thermostat. Frequent maintenance is also very important. All the Tristar air conditioners have an A-energy label, which means that they are very energy efficient. On average a Tristar air conditioner uses 500 Watt/hour (depending on the model's capacity). At the energy cost of 22ct/KWh, the air-conditioning costs 11ct per hour of cooling.
The main point is to let a qualified F-gas mechanic under responsibility of a qualified F-gas company, check the air-conditioning at least once a year. Beside this you can check and clean the filters frequently. You can also clean the outside-unit from leafs and other dirt.
For every room a calculation can be made for the needed capacity. There are many factors to be taken into account.
1) Does the room have a flat roof?
2) Does the room have many windows/glass?
3) Is there a sunscreen?
4) Are there a lot of heat sources in the room like computers and lights?
5) Are there many people in the room?
A rule-of-thumb for normal rooms is 30Watt/m³ (30 Watt of cooling power per cubic meter). a 9000BTU air-conditioning = 2500Watt 2500/30 = 83m³.
It depends on the room in which you want to use the air conditioner how much power the air conditioner needs to have. For example, if you want to use the air conditioner in a room of 4m x 5m x 2,5m, then the air conditioner needs a reach of at least 50m³. With every air conditioner there's an indication of the reach.
If the air-conditioning is used daily, the filters should be cleaned once a month using a vacuum cleaner. You can also wash the filter.
You can call the CHIGO air-conditioning helpdesk for a personal advice: +31 50 5020043. If they can't help you through the phone, an employee will visit without engagement for advice and/or an offer for placing.
As with every electrical appliance connected to a power-source, it can be damaged by extreme voltage swings with thunder, especially when the metallic outside-unit is high-placed. We recommend to unplug the air-conditioning in case of an imminent storm. If it is difficult to reach the plug, you could use an overvoltage protection.
Yes, the pipes can be lengthened up to 8 meters without a problem. You can order a pipe set and two couplings at your local retailer or on this website. Under spare parts & accessories you can find all the spare parts and accessories for this product.
1) Is the capacity sufficient to cool the room?
2) Make sure all doors and windows are closed. Avoid sunlight from getting into the room. Turn off as many heat sources as possible (lights, electrical appliances, PC's, copying machines).
3) Check if the set temperature on the remote isn't to high.
4) The air-conditioning doesn't work efficient if the filter is blocked or dirty.
5) Check if the airflow isn't set on it's lowest position. If so, set it to a higher position to increase the cooling capacity.
6) Check if the in- and outlet of the inside- and outside unit aren't blocked.
7) Check if there is a sufficient amount of cool air flowing. If not, it could be that cooling fluid has been used up with a resulting decreasing capacity. In this case we recommend you to contact CHIGO air-conditioning (+31 50 5020043).
When the cooling starts, it's possible to hear a whistling or gargling sound. This sound arises when the cooling fluid flows through the air-conditioning. This soft sound is mostly only present for a short while. When the appliance is started or stopped, a squeaky might be heard. This sound arises in the inside-unit because parts expand or shrink due temperature changes.
1) Make sure that the air-conditioning is set to cool and not on auto or ventilation.
2) Check if the (sleep) timer is set.
3) Check the set temperature. It could be that the temperature in the room is lower than the temperature set with the remote.
4) Check if the filters are blocked or dirty.
5) It could be that the cooling fluid has leaked and the capacity decreased.
If you suspect this, we recommend you to contact CHIGO air-conditioning (+31 50 5020043).
1) If there is water coming out of the inside-unit, you should turn off the air-conditioning immediately.
2) Make sure condense water pipe is aligned properly without any bends in it. Check if the pipe isn't blocked.
3) Open the lid of the inside-unit and check if the dust filters are dirty. If so, this can lead to icing on the filters which in turn can lead to leakage. Furthermore a leakage can damage the inside-unit. If the filters are clean and there is icing on the cooling unit, turn off the system and contact CHIGO air-conditioning (+31 50 5020043). The system used up the cooling fluid and has to be refilled.
1) Check the batteries of the remote.
2) Check if the air-conditioning hasn't been set with the timer-function.
3) Check if the remote is locked.
4) If you just turned the air-conditioning off and on, the security mechanism of the compressor is active. There have to be at least 3 minutes in between turning the appliance off and on.
5) Check the fuse in the fuse box.
There is not enough cooling fluid in the machine. The system is designed with an exact amount of cooling fluid.
1) Did you lengthen the pipes to a length longer than 8 meters?
2) Did you vent the appliance for to long.
3) Did the system leak at one of the connections?
If you suspect so, turn off the air-conditioning and contact CHIGO air-conditioning (+31 50 5020043).
Otherwise the pipes would have to much loss of capacity and they would start to condensate.