Pancake day 2019
March 22 is national pancake day in the netherlands, but how do you make the perfect pancakes? Follow the recipe below and bake this national pancakes day pancakes you never forget.
400 gram flower
1 liter milk
pinch of salt
1 table spoon sugar
1 tea spoon vanilla extract
Butter (to bake)
- Put the pinch of salt, 2 eggs, 500 ml of milk and 400 grams of flour in a large bowl. Beat the mixture into a smooth mixture so there are no lumps in the mixture. To do this as well as possible, we recommend using a kitchen machine like the Tristar MX-4170, but a hand mixer like the Tristar MX-4151 is also fine.
Tip: start mixing slowly and let the speed of the mixer gradually increase.
- When the mixture is smooth, add the other 500 ml of milk, vanilla extract, sugar and cinamon to the mixture and beat the mixture to a smooth substance.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let the mixture rest for about 25 minutes so the air bubbles can disappear from the mixture.
- Once the air bubbles have been removed from the mixture, you can start baking the pancakes. Heat a little butter in the pan, baking tray or any other desired baking surface. Make sure that the butter is completely liquid.
Tip: use the Tristar BP2961 for an quick and easy baking process
- Put the desired amount of mixture in a pan with a ladle.
Note: The more mixture you use, the thicker your pancake will be.
- Wait until the top of the pancake is completely dry.
- Now turn the pancake all the way around. The real pancake bakers among us can of course do this by air with a handy movement, but we recommend you to use a spatula.
- Let the back of the pancake get nice and brown.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 until the Mixture is finished.
For a savory pancake you can serve the pancake with: salami, mozzarella, tomato, lettuce and oregano
For a sweet pancake you can serve the pancake with: strawberries, a ball of ice cream, whipped cream and little sugar
And for the all-time Dutch favorite you serve the pancake with: powdered sugar